Submitted by SGibbs on 30 June 2022 - 10:18am
Internal Position No.:
64 of 2022
The successful applicant will investigate reports of truancy, monitor and identifies students who are being truant.
1. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the truancy section and supervision of assigned staff.
2. Make frequent visits to communities or businesses to ensure that children of compulsory school age are not employed or idly congregated in communities during school hours and report any unusual activities that may occur during truancy checks to the Chief Education Officer.
3. Maintain regular contact with relevant authorities and agencies to detect students who are being truant
4. Liaise with the principals on a daily basis to determine if students were suspended from school.
5. Liaise with the courts to follow-up on students in trouble with the law.
6. Monitor the activities of students who were suspended from schools, or who were arrested and charged with felonies.
7. Liaise with relevant authorities and agencies to improve school attendance and to implement early intervention services.
8. Send written notices to parents and school principals informing them of absenteeism and the implications.
9. Submit monthly reports to the Chief Education Officer.
10. Perform any other duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, education, counselling or related field
- Four (4) years’ experience in youth work, mediation negotiation and conflict resolution
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, procedures and policies
- Excellent knowledge of effective structure and functioning of Education systems
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Sound analytical and decision-making skills
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and related computer applications
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Thursday, 14 July 2022