The successful applicant will recommend the network strategy for the Department and address security issues, as well as provide technical support and maintenance for all equipment and software.
1. Oversee the assembling, configuration, installation and upgrade of computers, software and peripherals such as printers and related hardware, using standard business and administrative packages to ensure adequate quality and adherence to Department policies.
2. Ensure that computer systems and peripheral equipment are adequate, upgraded and working properly with minimum down time, as well as ensure that the network is fully functional to ensure efficiency within the Department.
3. Assist with creating and implementing policies and procedures to ensure appropriate use of computer systems and databases.
4. Instruct users in the use of standard business and administrative software, as well as provide technical support and training to staff to ensure sufficient knowledge and help for day-to-day use in the Department.
5. Maintain an inventory of computer parts and equipment at appropriate level to ensure that any issues or shortages are dealt with in a timely manner with minimum interruptions.
6. Ensure that the department’s policies, procedures and regulations are being followed at all times.
7. Execute all security procedures to protect the SIGTAS database and programmes.
8. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the production of remittances by:
- Organising the preparation of operational schedules
- Training staff in the appropriate procedures
- Ensuring the timely production of remittances
9. Provide taxpayer services as required.
10. Perform any other duties as required by the Supervisor in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
1. Develop your own skills to improve performance
2. Manage time to meet personal objectives
3. Gather required information
4. Gain the trust and support of your manager
5. Make recommendations for the use of resources
WORKING CONDITIONS/ ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
Normal office environment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Three (3) years’ experience as a Computer Systems Specialist
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems and computer technology
- Good time management skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills