The successful applicant will gather and analyse data/information to inform technical and strategic recommendations with respect to the remit of establishing and maintaining international relationships and alliances.
1. Communicate with relevant local, regional and international agencies for information.
2. Collect quantitative and qualitative data, interpret research findings and prepare relevant topics for further discussion and decision making.
3. Assist in advising on technical and strategic recommendations to assist in formulating appropriate policy responses relating to the global economic, social and other developments that affect the interest of the Territory.
4. Prepare various correspondences, Cabinet Papers, reports and assist in drafting materials for local and international publication.
5. Organise and attend conferences, meetings, workshops and seminars relating to relevant local and international events, activities and developments.
6. Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, International Business, Economics, Political Science, Business Administration or related field
- Six (6) years working experience in a related area
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and policies
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Excellent knowledge of quantitative and other research methods and data analysis
- Excellent knowledge of international affairs and global political and economic issues
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure