The successful applicant will perform record management and clerical duties in an efficient and competent manner to ensure the daily operations run efficiently.
- Maintain and manage the filing system to ensure accurate and well-organised document management for the Ministry, including:
a. Bring up files for action, forward to relevant officer and put away all files
b. Create new files and volumes as required, record on and maintain file index
c. File incoming correspondence on appropriate file, cross-reference as necessary
d. Maintain reference book and record file movement
e. Retrieve files for members of staff and request overdue files as necessary
f. Review files to ensure all outstanding matters have been dealt with and take necessary action
g. Provide general records management assistance to the Ministry
h. Archiving inactive files
- Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute to officers.
- Provide professional frontline service to clients.
- Administer and maintain systems and records ensuring the security of data.
- Assist with photocopying, typing, drafting and proof-reading of routine correspondence as necessary to assist officers in performing their jobs appropriately.
- Maintain and assess the records.
- Maintain records of land and house registers.
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or management in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certificate in Records Management (preferred)
- Three (3) years related experience
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Records Management
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Good knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure