The successful applicant will assist with frontline and/or courier duties to ensure professional customer service is provided to the Ministry/Department and public at all times.
1. Provide professional frontline service to clients.
2. Assist visitors in a timely manner to facilitate effective communication and customer service.
3. Ensure that all correspondence is collected, delivered and recorded appropriately according to the procedural guide to facilitate effective information flow.
4. Assist with the filing of correspondence to keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
5. Maintain office equipment and assist senior officers by completing all photocopying, binding and typing in a timely manner to facilitate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
6. Update and maintain information on computer systems, databases and spreadsheets.
7. Assist with processing paperwork, gathering information and verifying data.
8. Assist with assessing taxes, monitoring of the collection of taxes and the issuing of notices for the payment of taxes.
9. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
1. Observes departmental standards for own conduct
2. Manages own work effectively
3. Communicates clearly and effectively
4. Manages relationships with others in the team, including your manager
5. Anticipates and assists change
WORKING CONDITIONS/ ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Normal office environment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Basic knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Basic knowledge of general office procedures
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills