The successful applicant will assist with frontline and/or courier duties, to ensure professional customer service is provided to the Ministry/Department and public at all times.
1. Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute them to officers to ensure a timely and adequate flow of information.
2. Perform clerical and data entry functions.
3. Update and maintain information on computer systems, databases and spread sheets and in archives.
4. Assist in processing paperwork, gathering information and verifying data.
5. Greet and assist visitors and clients in a friendly and professional manner to facilitate effective communication and customer service.
6. Ensure that all correspondence is collected, delivered and recorded appropriately to facilitate effective information flow.
7. Assist with the filing of correspondence to keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
8. Assist with the preparation of meetings and presentation materials.
9. Assist with maintenance of minor office equipment to ensure a well-functioning work environment.
10. Provide clerical support by completing all photocopying, scanning, binding and typing in a timely manner to facilitate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
11. Assist with records management, organisation and retrieval of documents.
12. Perform various messenger duties including: a. Delivering and collecting mail/documents to and from various Government and private organisations and members of the House of Assembly in accordance with the established guidelines and Standing Orders. b. Maintaining the Department’s vehicle according to the Office Procedural Guide and the Motor Vehicle Procurement and Use Policy Government of the Virgin Islands, 2010.
13. Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.