Submitted by SGibbs on 11 January 2019 - 10:38am
Internal Position No.:
MCW 02 of 2019
The successful applicant will carry out all masonry or related duties assigned.
- Perform basic repair on Government Buildings or road projects as assigned.
- Remodel Government buildings interior and exterior.
- Construction of walls for culverts, retaining walls, sidewalk, etc.
- Mixing and laying concrete for repair or construction of road pavement/ sidewalks.
- Perform some administrative duties including keeping a daily log of tasks, preparing material and supply lists based on job requirements.
- Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years’ experience in Construction or related area
- On the job training or Construction Technology
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Basic knowledge in the field of construction
- Ability to operate power or manual tools associated with your job
- Ability to read and understand measuring tapes or slide rulers
- Ability to read building specifications, blueprints and as-builds
- Working knowledge of standard practices, tools, equipment and methods of trade
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good time management and organisational skill
Friday, 25 January 2019