The successful applicant will be responsible for all of the services rendered and to manage the Department to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the Adina Donovan Home.
1.Ensures the smooth and efficient operation of the department and the management of assigned staff.
2.Attends meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to your role.
3.Coordinates meetings and events, attends, records and reports minutes as required.
4.Manages and trains all staff assigned to the Adina Donovan Home to ensure their understanding of the functionality of Government and relevant legislation.
5.Researches, analyses and prepares reports and provide advice.
6.Serves as the Accounting Officer for the Adina Donovan Home.
7.Prepares and manages the Department’s Annual Budget.
8.Ensures the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for all staff.
9.Develops and implements strategic plans for the development of the Adina Donovan Home.
10.Keeps abreast of developments in the field of quality improvement and quality assurance.
11.Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
12. Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health Administration or related field
- Five (5) years in senior management within the Public Service
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of Government budget and accounting procedures
- Excellent knowledge of nursing procedures and practices and their application in caring for the elderly resident.
- Excellent knowledge of health policy, nursing education and administration.
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and relevant software applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, negotiating, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent research and report-writing skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure