The successful applicant will provide secretarial and administrative support in an efficient and effective manner to ensure professional customer service is provided to the department and to the public.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the department through administrative and/or secretarial support.
- Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute to officers.
- Provide professional frontline service to clients.
- Administer and maintain systems and records ensuring the security of data.
- Coordinate meetings and events, attend, record and report minutes as required.
- Maintain records relevant to the specific department and also keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
- Assist with research as required.
- Draft and type correspondence and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
- Provide clerical support by completing all photocopying, scanning, binding and typing in a timely manner to facilitate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
- Prepare court documents and bundles for court to enable ease of access to reference documents and information.
- Prepare simple legal assignments as required.
- Assist with the processing of marriage licenses ensuring accurate records are kept.
- Attend client interviews and take notes upon the instruction of Counsel.
- Update and maintain Court files, the Income Tax Database, and the Illegal Development (land matters) cases.
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- 3 years’ experience in a related field
- Typing speed 35-45 wpm
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure