Submitted by ACorbin on 21 July 2017 - 4:33pm
Internal Position No.:
GG 09 of 2017
The successful applicant will provide assistance to the Human Resources Manager or equivalent, ensuring that all relevant HR related matters are handled within the Unit.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Unit through administration of daily operations.
- Draft, type and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
- Provide up-to-date advice on HR related matters, procedures and regulations to members of the public and to staff to help them carry out their daily operations.
- Assist/Provide research support as required.
- Maintain records relevant to the specific unit and also ensure that complete records are available for reference.
- Update and maintain information on computer systems, databases and spreadsheets and in archives.
- Assist with the preparation of meetings and presentation materials.
- Assist with processing paperwork, gathering information and verifying data.
- Greet and assist visitors and clients in a friendly and professional manner to facilitate effective communication and customer service.
- Assist with the maintenance of the National Health Insurance Plan by performing daily operations and acting as a Liaison Officer.
- Assist with the preparation of retirement benefits for retiring officers.
- Assist with the administrative functions of supplemental plans and reconcile insurance plans to ensure these operate effectively.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Management or related field
- Three (3) years working experience in a related area
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and relevant computer applications
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Friday, 4 August 2017