Submitted by SGibbs on 30 October 2018 - 2:07pm
Internal Position No.:
MCW 22 of 2018
The successful applicant will operate heavy equipment and maintain equipment in order for works to be completed efficiently and to an acceptable standard.
1. Operates and maintains the department’s heavy equipment in order to assist in the day to day running of the department.
2. Ensure the safe custody and care of assigned equipment and make daily checks of heavy equipment assigned to ensure effective and efficient use of department resources.
3. Transport work crew to and from the job sites daily for effective and efficient operations.
4. Assist in collecting and delivering supplies and materials to ensure that works can completed in a timely manner.
5. Assist in placing safety signs along roads being repaired as well as keeping the workshop and surrounding area clean in order to protect the health and safety of others.
6. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
- High School Certificate or equivalent
- Five (5) years working experience
- Valid BVI driver’s licence (B/C/D where applicable)
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Ability to safely operate all heavy equipment and trucks
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound interpersonal skills
Tuesday, 13 November 2018