The successful applicant will ensure the effective daily management of the Government House and coordination of social functions
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Government House, including:
- Supervising assigned housekeeping staff;
- Maintain inventory levels (including household supplies, food and drinks) for the Government House ensuring supplies are in stock, liaise with local and overseas suppliers and vendors and prepare requisition ensuring accuracy.
- Liaising with relevant stakeholders on the planning of functions (e.g. menus, seating arrangements etc.)
- Ensuring that catered functions are organised and executed smoothly, including but not limited to, the preparation for and welcoming of visitors; and performing of wait services.
Perform any other related duties as required by the Senior Administrative Officer or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Government House.
- Associate’s Degree in Hospitality Management/Food and Beverage Management or Business Administration
- Three (3) to four (4) years working experience at an established hotel or in a customer-focused role
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Excellent knowledge of customer service
- Sound knowledge of fine dining best practices
- Sound knowledge of food preparation, bar management and housekeeping
- Demonstrated experience in event planning
- Sound analytical and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Sound and demonstrated supervisory skills of various levels of staff