Submitted by SGibbs on 31 January 2019 - 3:58pm
Internal Position No.:
13 of 2019
The successful applicant will assist with the overall management of the department according to defined procedures effectively and efficiently in order for the department to meet its objectives
- Lead the smooth and efficient operation of the department through the management of daily operations and assist with the development of the department’s plans, goals and objectives and systems.
- Lead staff development/training, workshops and offers coaching to staff on performance improvements to ensure all staff are given the tools required to operate effectively.
- Lead a timely and accurate completion of the appraisal process, promoting a positive attitude, from goal setting for new recruits to monitoring performance of employees, initiating disciplinary proceeding, where necessary.
- Preparation of pension calculations, annual budgets and annual accounts in accordance with defined procedures. 5. Act as a Liaison officer between the treasury and other government departments in accordance with defined procedures.
- Attend meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to the role.
- Assist with the preparation of the Department’s Annual Budget.
- Deputise in the absence of the Accountant General.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for staff. 10. Research, analyse and prepare reports and provide advice.
- Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Five (5) to seven (7) years managerial experience in Public Finance or related field
- Member of a professional accounting organization (CA, CIMA, CIPFA, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of accounting, banking and finance principles, standards, controls and risk
- Excellent knowledge of investment and securities instruments
- Excellent knowledge of relevant laws, policies and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of relevant financial software packages and computer applications including electronic spreadsheet, database and graphics
- Excellent analytical, negotiating, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent supervisory and management skills
Thursday, 14 February 2019