The successful applicant will plan and prepare regular meals in order to provide a balanced, nutritious diet for consumers and maintaining the effective management of the kitchen and maintain a clean working and food preparation environment in order to ensure the health and safety of individuals.
- Ensures the daily cleaning of the kitchen.
- Plans, purchases and prepares menus and meals for all functions in order to facilitate the effective management of the kitchen.
- Assists with maintaining records and inventory levels for the department ensuring supplies are in stock, liaise with local and overseas suppliers and vendors and prepares requisition ensuring accuracy.
- Cleans, sanitizes and secures all food equipment, utensils and work areas in order to maintain a well-organised work environment that ensures the health and safety of yourself and others.’
- Reports any faults or incidents to the Supervisor in a timely manner in order to maintain a clean, safe and sanitized environment.
- Performs any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three (3) years’ experience in food service and preparation
- Certified Food Handler
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Good knowledge of food preparation and presentation
- Good knowledge of operating kitchen equipment
- Excellent knowledge of hygiene practices
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure