The successful applicant will assist with the Department’s administrative functions to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness and ensure the systematic planning, designing, implementation, monitoring, revision and updating of all the channels of communications within the Governor’s Group.
- Maintain, manage and oversee inventory, records and systems.
- Assist in the planning and execution of the Department’s work.
- Provide administrative and specialised support to management and organise events.
- Research, analyse and prepare reports and advice.
- Prepare correspondences and annual and monthly reports to ensure accurate dissemination of information.
- Design the organisational communication structures.
- Define and uphold communications principles and standard of the Government of the Virgin Islands.
- Co-ordinate and assist with the formulation of communication goals and strategies and implements the communication strategies.
- Manage and monitor information flow of the Deputy Governor’s Office and Governor’s Group.
- Review the communications strategic framework of the Governor’s Group. 6. Draft speeches and statements on behalf of the Deputy Governor and Permanent Secretary.
- Coordinate public relations activities for the Governor’s Group in consultation with the designated officer.
- Draft papers for Cabinet, as necessary, pertaining to Communication matters and undertakes necessary followup action.
- Chair the Public Service Week Committee and manage the communication activities surrounding Public Service Week.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field
- Five (5) years’ experience in a related area
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and policies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure