Submitted by ACorbin on 15 May 2017 - 3:16pm
Internal Position No.:
29 of 2017
The successful applicant will manage the department to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the Survey Department.
- Ensures the smooth and efficient operation of the department and the management of assigned staff.
- Undertakes the functions of the Survey Department in order to maintain the efficient delivery of services.
- Manages and trains all staff assigned to the Survey Department to ensure their understanding of the functionality of Government, ceremonies and legislation.
- Researches, analyses and prepares reports and provide advice.
- Liaises with Cartographer for up to date status of CIMS and Survey Plans to ensure efficiency.
- Liaises with Senior Surveyors to determine the status of survey request to ensure they are being handled in a timely manner.
- Continues to improve the method of processing, storing and presenting land related data to ensure efficiency.
- Optimally uses natural resources to accrue the tools required to function efficiently.
- Serves as the Accounting Officer for the Survey Department.
- Prepares and manages the Department’s Annual Budget.
- Ensures the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for all staff.
- Develops and implements strategic plans.
- Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
- Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Land Surveying or equivalent
- Seven (7) years in senior management within the Public Service
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Expert knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of Government budget and accounting procedures
- Expert knowledge of land and engineer surveying aspect of development planning
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and relevant software applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, negotiating, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent research and report-writing skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Friday, 26 May 2017