The successful applicant will supervise the staff in the Building Maintenance section and to maintain all Government Buildings to ensure the department meets its objectives in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the unit and supervision of assigned staff.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget as well as controlling and monitoring expenditure for the department to ensure it does not incur excessive costs.
- Check methods and quality of materials used and keep records of construction activities and submit reports monthly to ensure appropriate records are maintained.
- Ensure that all safety rules and regulations are adhered to on construction sites and ensure to wear safety equipment to mitigate the chance of accidents occurring.
- Prepare simple bill of quantities for assigned building maintenance projects to ensure the correct materials are available upon request.
- Prepare simple sketches and measurements to assist with costing of assigned projects.
- Assist with the coordination of meetings, training sessions and workshops to ensure awareness of policies and procedures.
- Perform some administrative duties including keeping a daily log of tasks, preparing reports, preparing material and supply lists based on job requirements.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Building Construction/Technology or related field
- Three (3) years working experience in Building Construction Management/Supervision or related area
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of Building Construction and Maintenance and the materials used
- Sound knowledge of computer aided drawing programs (Auto CAD) as well as knowledge of reading and interpreting Blue Prints
- Excellent analysis and decision-making skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team player
- Good supervisory and managerial skills