The successful applicant will perform office and field audits of selected taxpayers’ accounts and provides information to taxpayers to facilitate tax compliance.
1. Assist in planning and performing relevant audits.
2. Perform detailed audit work on government revenue and expenditure in accordance with the determined audit programme to ensure all objectives are met.
3. Conduct periodic inspections, as well as special and unplanned audit investigations which arise during the course of the year, to ensure an element of unpredictability is retained through the audit process.
4. Prepare draft management reports for audits performed to ensure all findings are adequately documented.
5. Perform office and field audits of tax accounts of individuals and enterprises to ensure tax compliance and identify any outstanding amounts due to Government.
6. Provide information to taxpayers in order to foster voluntary compliance and improve understanding of tax law, regulations and procedures.
7. Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
1. Manage your own resources and professional development
2. Provide leadership in your area of responsibility
3. Control expenditure against budgets
4. Manage self to model behaviour in meeting organizational standards
5. Manage your time effectively
WORKING CONDITIONS/ ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
Normal office environment Fieldwork
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree in Accounting or a related field
Three (3) years’ experience in accounting or auditing
Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Sound knowledge of auditing standards and accounting principles
Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
Sound management and supervisory skills
Sound organisational and interpersonal skills
Sound oral and written communication skills