Submitted by SGibbs on 31 January 2019 - 4:17pm
Internal Position No.:
MHSD 4 of 2019
The successful applicant will supervise, monitor and report on Adina Donovan Home activities in a competent and efficient manner, to ensure the well-being of the geriatric residents
- Produces Nurse’s notes monthly to ensure records are kept up to date.
- Administers treatment, reviews and updates prescriptions in accordance with Home Physician to ensure correct medicinal treatment is given to patients.
- Contacts Home Physician in medical emergencies with referral to Hospital if necessary.
- Informs Senior Assistant Nurse on any matter requiring further action.
- Informs Assistant Manager/Nurse of any staff misconduct or unauthorised absence.
- Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Practical Nursing Certification or equivalent
- Registration with Nursing Council
- Seven (7) years related experience
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of Patient Care and Health and Safety Procedures in a Clinical Environment
- Ability to handle equipment such as wheelchairs, beds and other medical equipment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of nursing procedures and practices and their application in caring for the elderly resident
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and relevant software applications
Thursday, 14 February 2019