The successful applicant will assist with the management of the functions of the department to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the Department of Waste Management.
- Ensures the smooth and efficient operation of the department and the supervision of assigned staff.
- Assists with the administration of human resources functions.
- Assists in undertaking the functions of the Department of Waste Management in order to maintain the efficient delivery of services.
- Assists in managing and training staff assigned to the Department of Waste Management to ensure their understanding of the functionality of Government and relevant legislation.
- Assists with the preparation of the Department’s Annual Budget.
- Assists with the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for staff.
- Researches, analyses and prepares reports and provides advice.
- Deputises in the absence of the Manager.
- Attends meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to your role.
- Keeps abreast of developments in the field of quality improvement and quality assurance.
- Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Manages your own resources and professional development
- Provides leadership in area of responsibility
- Develops the trust and support of colleagues, stakeholders and line managers
- Leads, plans and implements change
- Obtains information for decision making
- Provides information and advice to others
- Assesses and develops the performance of team and individuals
- Ensures health and safety requirements are met in the area