Submitted by SGibbs on 31 December 2018 - 9:50am
Internal Position No.:
61 of 2018
The successful applicant will assist the Complaints Commissioner is providing leadership in the area of investigations to ensure effective and efficient services are provided to the public. .
- Provide legal advice of different legal issues.
- Conducts complex investigations into complaints or special investigations as assigned by the Complaints Commissioner in a comprehensive and timely manner.
- Conduct complex, professional interviews, often involving senior management, prepare investigation reports and convey ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Conduct legal analysis and research on legal matters and the review of complaints.
- Liaises with the Attorney General’s Chambers, external legal advisors, and other relevant persons for assistance and guidance as needed.
- Manages the relationship and communications between the press, the Department of Information and Public Relations and other stakeholders to ensure a high level of customer awareness.
- Manages the public relations and marketing activities by ensuring proper maintenance of the website and education on the functions of the Office of the Complaints Commission.
- Provide for the effective tracking, management of and reporting on cases at all stages of investigations to ensure resolution.
- Effectively and professionally communicate regarding investigation progress and findings.
- Prepare reports to effectively communicate the results of investigations to relevant persons.
- Supervises the office staff and operations of the Office of the Complaints Commission to ensure that the work of the office conforms to established standards, procedures and meets quality standards.
- Manages the office in the absence of the Complaints Commissioner.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Complaints Commissioner in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Office of the Complaints Commission.
- Bachelor of Public Policy, Business Management, Law or related
- Five (5) years post qualification experience
- BVIslander/Belonger is preferred
- Expert knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of applicable statutes and statutory interpretation
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Sound legal research skills
- Ability to master and interpret legislation
- Sound analytical, negotiating, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Experience in conducting and advising on complex workplace investigations
Monday, 21 January 2019