Submitted by SGibbs on 2 March 2021 - 3:13pm
Internal Position No.:
JR 21 of 2021
1. Assist with performing audits of departments, statutory boards and value for money, including field assignments on location, to ensure the annual programme of audits is completed.
2. Assist with conducting periodic surprise cash inspections to ensure an element of unpredictability is retained through the audit process.
3. Update schedule of audit milestones and keep auditors appraised.
4. Assist with collecting and compiling audit data in accordance with departmental standards.
5. Assist with the preparation of statistical reports and maintain databases to track the implementation of audit recommendations, complete audits and prepare tentative schedules for follow up action.
6. Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
Skills and Competencies
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Five (5) year experience in accounting, auditing or a related area
• Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
• Good knowledge of auditing standards and accounting principles
• Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
• Good organisational and interpersonal skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
Tuesday, 16 March 2021