Submitted by ACorbin on 26 June 2017 - 10:21am
Internal Position No.:
38 of 2017
The successful applicant will perform administrative and secretarial services in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide professional frontline service to clients.
- Conduct research and prepare periodic reports to the department for management purposes.
- Draft and type correspondence and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
- Maintain records and inventory levels for the department ensuring supplies are in stock, liaise with local and overseas suppliers and vendors and prepare requisition ensuring accuracy.
- Maintain records relevant to the specific department and also keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
- Organise and coordinate travel, seminars, conferences, meetings and events; attend, record and report minutes as required.
- Provide full administrative support to the Ministry/Department.
- Perform all relevant accounting functions for the Department.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Public Administration or related field
- Three (3) years working experience
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Sound knowledge of accountancy principles and procedures
- Sound knowledge of JDEdwards accounting software
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Friday, 7 July 2017