Submitted by SGibbs on 11 August 2020 - 3:47pm
Internal Position No.:
JR 28 of 2020
1. Ensure diligent performance of accounting functions to ensure that accurate records are kept.
2. Prepare purchase orders and vouchers within a specified timeframe to ensure that internal records for expenses are accurately kept and orders are made in a timely manner.
3. Compare invoices and bills to purchase orders before payment so that accurate payments are made.
4. Record and reconcile vote book as required to ensure that all transactions are recorded and accounted correctly.
5. Assist in the drafting of the annual budget when required to support other team members.
6. Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements for the Accounting Officer.
7. Prepare and processes the relevant forms to complete related financial accounting processes.
8. Prepare contracts/agreements.
9. Supervise assigned staff as required.
10. Ensure training of team members on a needs basis to aid with their professional development.
11. Perform any other duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit.
Skills and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
• Three (3) years’ working experience in a related area
• Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
• Sound knowledge of applicable policies, regulations and laws
• Sound knowledge of accountancy principles and procedures
• Sound knowledge of JD Edwards Accounting Software
• Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
• Sound oral and written communication skills
• Sound organisational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Sound supervisory and management skills
Tuesday, 25 August 2020