P.O. Box 3477
Road Town, Tortola
Virgin Islands (British) VG1110
The Department of Waste Management is primarily responsible for the collection and disposal of solid waste, while protecting human health and the environment by minimizing adverse impacts on all residents and visitors of the Virgin Islands (British). This is done through the development and implementation of effective and efficient waste management programmes.
To provide the Virgin Islands (British) with modern, environmentally sound methods of solid waste management that reflects international standards of waste management practices.
To enhance the natural beauty of the Territory, by utilizing state of the art waste management technology to ensure timely collection, disposal and where possible recycling of waste.
- Providing professional, efficient and courteous service
- Maintaining a safe workplace for our staff
- Conforming to environmental safety guidelines and acceptable waste management practices
- Commercial establishments that generate more than two to three bags of trash are required to take their waste directly to the incinerator facility and are prohibited from utilizing the residential dumpsters.
- Residents are required to take their bulk waste (refrigerators, stoves, mattresses etc.) directly to the incinerator facility and are prohibited from depositing them around residential dumptsters.
- Commercial and construction waste are to be separated prior to being transported to the incinerator, particularly combustible from non-combustible waste.
What's Happening Within Our Department?
|Huntum’s Ghut Road Closed On Wednesday||
18 Sep 2018 - 1:12pm
|Government Moves Ahead With Plans To Ban Plastic Straws And Styrofoam||
7 Sep 2018 - 3:31pm
|Waste Collection Concerns Addressed At Community Meeting||
6 Sep 2018 - 4:52pm
|Únase A La Limpieza General De Las Islas Virgenes||
31 Aug 2018 - 1:22pm
|Waste Collection Programme Continues In Zones 3 And 4||
29 Aug 2018 - 10:18am
|Utilise Bins In Designated Zones To Dispose Waste||
28 Aug 2018 - 1:16pm
|Rapid Removal Of Derelict Vessels Underway||
9 Aug 2018 - 4:55pm
|BVI’s 'Cash For Work' Clean-Up A Success||
4 Jul 2018 - 11:52am
|PAHO Donates Garbage Truck To Assist With Waste Collection||
20 Jun 2018 - 1:21pm
|Transport Waste Responsibly||
7 Jun 2018 - 2:12pm
Department Contact Information
To make contact with Department of Waste Management, see below for contact information:
Department of Waste Management
P.O. Box 3477
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Daily 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.