P.O. Box 3477
Road Town, Tortola
Virgin Islands (British) VG1110
The Department of Waste Management is primarily responsible for the collection and disposal of solid waste, while protecting human health and the environment by minimizing adverse impacts on all residents and visitors of the Virgin Islands (British). This is done through the development and implementation of effective and efficient waste management programmes.
To provide the Virgin Islands (British) with modern, environmentally sound methods of solid waste management that reflects international standards of waste management practices.
To enhance the natural beauty of the Territory, by utilizing state of the art waste management technology to ensure timely collection, disposal and where possible recycling of waste.
- Providing professional, efficient and courteous service
- Maintaining a safe workplace for our staff
- Conforming to environmental safety guidelines and acceptable waste management practices
- Commercial establishments that generate more than two to three bags of trash are required to take their waste directly to the incinerator facility and are prohibited from utilizing the residential dumpsters.
- Residents are required to take their bulk waste (refrigerators, stoves, mattresses etc.) directly to the incinerator facility and are prohibited from depositing them around residential dumptsters.
- Commercial and construction waste are to be separated prior to being transported to the incinerator, particularly combustible from non-combustible waste.
What's Happening Within Our Department?
|PAHO Donates Trucks For BVI Vector Control||
22 Nov 2017 - 10:05am
|Waste Management Receives Donation Of Clean Up Equipment||
16 Nov 2017 - 5:19pm
|Trucks For Hire Asked To Dispose Of Trash Properly||
14 Nov 2017 - 3:26pm
|Paraquita Bay Debris Site Closed Until Further Notice||
26 Oct 2017 - 1:41pm
|Ministry Of Health’s New Extensions||
13 Oct 2017 - 4:45pm
|Businesses Asked To Take Commercial Waste To The Incinerator||
5 Oct 2017 - 9:12am
|Community Asked To Assist In Clean-Up Efforts||
29 Aug 2017 - 3:05pm
|‘Assist In Cleanup Efforts’- Residents Told||
22 Aug 2017 - 4:22pm
|Tenders Invited For Solid Waste Collections||
30 Jan 2017 - 4:34pm
|The Public Is Encouraged To Dispose of Glass At Incinerator||
15 Dec 2016 - 2:56pm
Department Contact Information
To make contact with Department of Waste Management, see below for contact information:
Department of Waste Management
P.O. Box 3477
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Daily 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.